Thursday 23 June 2011

Me and cpd23

cpd23 has given me the prod I needed to post my first blog, so here goes...

I achieved my MSc in Information and Library Management back in 2008 and took up my first professional post as an Information Officer in a commercial property firm prior to submitting my dissertation. Still in the same role three and a half years later, I have decided to embark on Chartership. With the registration form submitted there's no going back. 

It was always my intention to use a blog to chart my progress through Chartership; however I think I envisaged it being more of a tool to help with reflective practice and still have some anxiety about going so public. I'm not really sure what I have to contribute to the library blog world but happy to see where this leads.

Over the last few years I feel I've become rather disconnected from the library profession and therefore my main focus for Chartership is to get more involved and get acquainted with some of the lovely librarians out there. When I stumbled across the 23 Things for Professional Development programme (cpd23) I thought this would be as good a place to start as any. Week 5 (online and real life networks) and week 11 (getting involved) will be particularly useful.

There's some other great "Things" lined up too. I'm currently looking at how we can use different Web 2.0 technologies to enhance our information service and am sure Thing 4: RSS feeds, Twitter and Pushnote and Thing 13: Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox will give me some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment